Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Why I am a Nerd

On the Tetons trip I went on last week, I became friends with a few new people, which is great. However, one of them doesn't believe that I am a nerd (the good kind).

This is the inspiration for this wonderful blogpost about why I am a nerd.


1.  I'm relatively socially awkward

This isn't a bad thing, at least not completely.  It simply means that if you give me a compliment I will probably blush a lot.  It also means that if I'm in a room and the majority of the people there are not my best friends, I will hide in a corner and play Flow on my phone.

I know, you're all jealous of my social skills.

2. I do homework, a lot...

...and I get worried if I don't do it.  I probably do about an hour of necessary must-keep-my-grade-at-an-A homework a night.  The other two hours I usually do is to get ahead, get extra credit, or simply give myself something to do when I don't want to sleep.

Wait, did I say when I don't want to sleep.  But, but, I'm a teenager.  I have to sleep. (<---jokes)

3. My favorite thing ever is Sherlock

Not only am I in love with the TV show, but I've read every single Sherlock Holmes story written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  I kind of like someone named Benedict Cumberbatch too, who plays Sherlock in the BBC TV show.

My friend Benedict Cumberbatch (a.k.a sherlock).
Image creds: national geographic

Fun Fact!  I've also read about two hundred Nancy Drew Books in my life...  I guess I'm a mystery person...

4.  I have a lot of quirks

I'm past the point of trying to hide them... I'm open about the weird things (and not so weird things) that I do.  If you want to read all of these, I have a blog post about it.

5. I'm not a party person

I really don't like large groups of people (basically ten or more). I especially am not into the drinking / drug stuff, which is okay, even if I am a "Park City kid".   I much prefer watching a sappy movie and eating a lot of chocolate...


This isn't to say I don't have friends though, because I have some really great ones that mean a lot to me.  I also tend to get really attached if I do become friends with, so to any of you reading this, my deepest apologies for my clinginess... Just know I really appreciate you(:

There are also a lot of other things that make me a nerd, and I could go on, but I must go complete my other homework!




No comments:

Post a Comment