Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Makeup, Clothes, and other Girly Things

No, don't worry, this will not be a post about how to put on makeup or how to curl your hair, but rather my opinions on certain girly things that are considered normal.

*Wait, normal?  What's normal?  I'll add quotation marks.*

"Normal"

Yes, that's much better.
Thank you to lol zombie for my new favorite picture (:


First of all, makeup.

This seems to be a big issue of controversy right now.  Most girls in my grade, including me,  wear makeup. Most girls think it's worth it, some guys think it's stupid, and some don't seem to have much of an opinion on it, which I find interesting.

However, to you guys out there who think I'm wearing makeup to impress you, that's not why I wear it.

I wear it for me (:

Surprise!

*Woah, what?  Girls don't try to impress every single guy they talk to?  What is this madness?*

If I look in the mirror and think my eyes are a bit brighter and that makes me feel better about myself, who are you to say that I shouldn't wear it?

That's not to say I think that girls should pile on makeup, because there's definitely a point where it goes to far.

But, to you girls out there, if that's what makes you happy, go for it (:


Next, the only logical thing to follow makeup, hair!  

Yippee,  everyone's favorite subject

*haha, that's a funny joke right there*

Ok, so it's not that I don't give a thought about how my hair looks because I spend approximately five minutes a day on it collectively, what I don't understand is waking up an hour earlier than you need to just so you can add some curls...

...or make it completely straight.

Either way, I'm a strong believer in sleeping (although I don't get much of it...) instead of making yourself look fantabulous.

So clothing, probably my favorite subject actually.

What can I say, I like clothes.  I'm not a "fashionista" or whatever it's called by any extent of the imagination, but I do like to have a large selection.

My mix of clothing is eclectic, from normal things from forever 21 to pants from Thailand to maybe a few too many pairs of pajama pants, I just like clothes.

One thing that's not big in my closet is anything uncomfortable... especially skirts...

*kudos to anyone who can wear a skirt everyday.  You are a superhero.  I don't know how you do it, but keep doing it because you look good. I'm impressed with your ability to look put together every day.*

**I really hope that no one thought that last note was sarcastic, because it wasn't...  I should probably be more careful about that...**


I apologize for my ranting... and if you do anything I mentioned in this (good or bad in my opinion...), keep doing it if it makes you happy, because being happy is the most important thing (:



1 comment:

  1. I agree so much, guys just think that we do the shit for them, which is false! No way in hell I will shorten my sleeping time for a boy to do my hair. What canoes...

    ReplyDelete