Thursday, April 3, 2014

Festival of Color

The Festival of Color took place in Spanish Fork last weekend.

I have wanted to go to a Holi festival (a festival in Hinduism, the predominant religion in India) since I saw it take place on the Amazing Race when I was just a little kid.  When I found out that there was one in Utah and my friends were going, the amount of excitement I was experiencing was probably a bit too much to be healthy.

On Saturday morning, Lulu, Joe, and I piled into Joe's family car.  The car was stocked with water, towels, and sheets to cover the seats with when we were covered with colored corn starch (all courtesy of Joe's dad).

When we arrived at the festival, I honestly was skipping down the side of the road.  Okay, maybe not skipping, but I definitely had an enthusiastic walk. gait. run...  I don't know...

At the end of the day, you could definitely say I was sufficiently covered with colored dust.  I may have gotten a bit in my eyes, and a lot in my lungs.  I also may have accidentally thrown a bit into some other people's eyes (I'm sorry about that... again... It was an accident... I'm sorry... Please, forgive me...), and covered a few other people with starch.

But all of it was totally worth it.  It was so so so much fun (:

Joe, Lulu, and I (from right to left) about half way through the festival (:
Image Courtesy: Joe's father (:

My clothes at the end of the day... My shoulders and face suffered the most (:

From Left to Right:  Sky, Joe, Lulu, Grant, and I
Noah's being cool in the front
Image Courtesy: Joe's dad, again (:



No comments:

Post a Comment