Friday, April 25, 2014

*insert inspirational quote here*

I'm not going to lie and act like I'm cool.  I'm not.  I'm a sucker for great quotes.  I think that quotes have a lot of power.  They can make you laugh, cry, try harder, relax (something I need a lot), etc. etc.

*This post is getting serious. Fast.  Oops.*


But when I say quotes, I don't mean insta captions of facebook comments.  I mean genuine quotes that can motivate you.

"If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes."
-John Wooden

Basically saying that if you're doing something, you're going to make mistakes, and that's betten than not doing anything at all.  I love this quote because I make a lot of mistakes, and it makes me feel like even though I mess up, at least I'm beating people on the couch. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.
-Dr. Seuss

English translation please?  Basically you are in charge of yourself, and no one can change where you are going if you don't let them.  I like this quote because I think it's important to go for whatever you want in life, and not to let other people influence your future.

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
-John Wooden

Bee Positive! Haha (:  but seriously, that's what this quote is (:  
image creds: skreened


The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.

-Marcus Aurelius

This quote is basically refuting the idea that revenge is sweet. It's about being a better person than the one who brought you down.  This is really important in my life because I used to be brought down a lot, but I got through it and I'm a better person because of it. 


*The way I interpret these quotes may not be the original meaning or what you think.  Please don't hurt me if you disagree (: 

**I apologize for such a serious post... Oops (:  

***Thank you!  I really appreciate you reading my blog (:

No comments:

Post a Comment