Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Quirks of myself (:

Quirk
/noun/
1. an unusual habit or way of behaving
2. something strange that happens by chance

Oops... that wasn't the correct format... oh well (:

So yeah.  My quirks.  I don't consider myself an exceptionally quirky person, I mean, overall I consider myself relatively normal.

Wait no. I can't lie.  I have a lot of quirks.  I mean, A LOT.  It would take ages to go through all of them.  So lets not do that.  I'll just tell you a few (:


1. FUZZY SOCKS!
So they're my favorite.  If you ask any of my friends, they will tell you every time I am with them, some form of fuzzy socks are on my feet or in a bag.  I know a lot of girls (and some guys) like them too, but my love is extreme.  I have over 25 pairs of them, and my favorites are from my older sister.  They're gray with little polar bear faces on and little ears and ahhh I just can't control my love for them!

But it's not just a quirk.  It's a need.  I have extremely cold feet 100% of the time, so yeah you could say I need them.

2. Studying...

...After the test.

So a genuinely weird thing I do.  After a test, I will look up every answer that I wasn't sure on... I know.  It's just odd. I'm a nerd..

3. Darkness isn't my Friend
When I lived in Hong Kong, the city lights always filled the sky and it was never completely dark.  When I moved back to the US, it was completely dark and I always imagine people in my room.  So yeah... I didn't sleep for three weeks.  I still sleep with a stuffed animal... but it's a pillow pet, which makes it sort of socially acceptable...

Wait who am I kidding?  I'm a teenager who sleeps with a stuffed animal.

I'll just let that sink in for a second...

4. Resorting to the Hoodie

A lot of the time, I'll pick a semi nice outfit to wear to school, but as soon as I put it on, I feel self conscious and immediately take it off.  So, I go for the next thing I see in my closet, a comfy, slightly oversized hoodie. It works...

5. Resorting to my hair being down

So the same thing as number four... I'll do my hair in a French braid or curl it then decide it's too different, and brush it all out...  Wasting Time, yay!


Ok, so it might take a few less times, but still, you get the point (:
Image Creds: 100kteenagerposts on instagram

6. Anti–Procrastinating

So I'm bad at being a teenager... I get super stressed out if I hold something off until the last minute because I'm worried there won't be enough hours in the day to do it, so I usually do it all at once.

7.  Falling asleep early

Ask Lulu, I can't really stay up later than 11:00, especially on the weekends (which is ironic, really).

8. Waking up early

Related to the last one, I can't sleep later than 9:00... it's super depressing.  (I don't think that the saying "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise" applies to teenagers)

From this, you probably figured out some of the most embarrassing things about me... which leads to me to:

9. I'm an open book

There are few things I'm not willing to share on the interweb(:

Goodbye fellow humans,  hope you enjoyed learning all of my secrets!



2 comments: