Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Little Efforts

Much to my disappointment, I no longer have a single lunch with two of my best friends, Devon and Lulu.   Although I still have English class with both of them, and AP geography with Lulu, it was a big change from having a chunk of time for socializing with them to in between class periods and after school for a few minutes.

Because of the change, I was incredibly worried that our friendship wouldn't be as strong (which is silly, I mean, it's 20 minutes a day).  Luckily, that hasn't happened!  Knock on Wood, right?

I did learn that the little conversations and the little efforts make a big difference.  For example, every other day, my first period class is at the high school.  However, I still go to the junior high for fifteen minutes just to see Devon, Lulu and some other friends.  Although it's not a lot, it's a huge difference, and it shows that I care about them, and that I want to spend time with them.

Overall, changing schedules can suck, a lot, but I think going out of your way to do something nice and to show that they matter a lot can really help.

If you're in a similar situation or you're a really busy person, this can apply to you.  Finding five or ten minute periods just to say hi and ask how a friend is doing can go a long ways.

Devon is a really cool person(:  He taught me how to cube, and we go skiing a lot (even though he is about a gazillion times faster than me... haha oh well).  He's a really cool, funny person and hanging out with him is so much fun (:

Lulu(: I had a picture but she didn't like it... so later (: She's my bestie!  We hang out a lot together and have a sleepover almost every week.  We ski a lot, drink way too much tea (way too much...), and watch a bunch of movies.  She's kind of obsessed with Tumblr... Oh, and also, SHERLOCK<3.

2 comments:

  1. oh Thxs Liz!!! But in reality we both know your a faster skier than me! Dat littlest pet shop though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're funny;) I seriously couldn't beat you down the hill if I bombed it...

      Delete