Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Cookies and other stuff (:

Tips for a Great Christmas

So if any of you know me, you know that I LOVE Christmas.  It's cold and everyone is happy and there a gifts and you put on weight from all the cookies and it's just great.  

However, I have had a few Christmas breaks that were even better, and after much thought and consideration (not really, I'm making this up on the spot...), I have determined why.

1. Cookies - whenever you eat way too much of anything, you start to get tired of it, even with cookies... JUST KIDDING.  You can never eat too many cookies (:

2. Giving, not getting - I know, give not get... the normal advice from your elders.  And even though everyone loves to get gifts, including me, there is a small spark of excitement whenever you find the perfect gift for your friends.  You can get gifts anywhere–walmart, target, or my personal favorite, amazon.  

3. Trying something new - The best Christmas I ever had was when I went to New Zealand.  It was really exciting because I got to experience new food, new sights, and new activities.  It was amazing, and my family made it even better.  

4. Hot Chocolate - Obviously, food is very important, but hot chocolate, well it's really hard to beat.  I highly recommend cuddling up in a blanket with a good book and cup of cocoa over your break. 



5. Snow - So while this is not scientifically possible in some places, snow simply makes Christmas better.  Everyone dreams of having a white Christmas, probably because it is always depicted in favorite holiday books and movies.

6. Food - Everyone has favorite holiday treats, including me (cranberry sauce is the bomb.com).  Even if you can't get all of the traditional holiday foods, a few of them make the break even better.


Enjoy your break and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment