Tuesday, January 28, 2014

One of my Flaws is Chasing Cars... I've had it for 100 years

For those of you who don't know Bastille, Snow Patrol, or Five for Fighting don't know what this blog post is about yet... Well, it's about music.

Music isn't like candy crush–we don't get addicted to it (haha yeah Candy Crush is a bit addicting... just a smidge) and it has actual meaning.

Last year, I listened to Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and even Glee (thank God I'm out of that stage...).  But I didn't listen to them because I felt an emotional connection to them, I listened to them because I didn't know what else to listen to.  They were just noise.

However, this school year I discovered bands and music that I could RELATE to.  It's really important to be able to relate to music because it helps you get through tough situations (and as teenagers, we have A LOT of those, am I right?)

Image generated by wordle


My favourite songs:

1. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol


"Forget what we’re told
Before we get too old

Show me a garden that's bursting into life"

I have no words to express my love for this song... It tells a story about love and excitement and discovery.  Although I'm not in a relationship, it means a lot to me.  The beat is great too, because it's just fast enough to be interesting, but it's not boring.  Also, something you should know before we go on, fast songs aren't really my thing...


"Desperado, why don't you come to your senses? 
Come down from your fences, open the gate 
It may be rainin', but there's a rainbow above you 
You better let somebody love you, before it's too late"

Part of the reason this song means so much to me is because my Dad used to sing it to me so I would fall asleep when I was just a tiny child. This song is full of artistic metaphors and messages of hope, as cheesy as that does sound...It's super relaxing and is my go to song when I'm feeling down.


15 there's still time for you
Time to buy and time to choose
Hey 15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got a hundred years to live

No Words.  Just, no words.
This is such a great song.  So if you want the short version of it's meaning, well YOLO.   But it's so much more.  It describes different points in your life and the ups and downs of it, while saying that when you're young (specifically 15 years old) there's still so much for you to experience.  If anyone is feeling bad about their life, I highly recommend it (:  I know it helped me get through a lot!

*Note: These are my own interpretations of songs... sorry if you don't agree, but you also don't live inside my brain...

Some other REALLY great songs:

1. Flaws - Bastille
2. Pompei - Bastille
3. Let it go - The Beatles
4. Imagine - John Lennon 
5. Let Her Go - Passenger
6. Run - Snow Patrol
7. Counting Stars - One Republic
8. Hotel California - The Eagles
9. Aftermath - Lifehouse
10. Falling In - Lifehouse
                                      Along with about a million others...


No comments:

Post a Comment