Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Inspiration

Everyone knows that being a teenager is one of the most complicated times in one's life.  We have to find a way to get good grades but still have a life and spend time with our families, among other things like sports, clubs, and travelling.  Somehow, we have to find a balance.



I'm not going to lie.  I've always been an academically driven person with high hopes for my future–a.k.a. going to a really good college.  But I know it's not easy to achieve this–I have to get SAT scores over 2000 and a GPA of 4.0 or higher along with a bunch of service hours and clubs and two sports and so much more. When I think about this, I only think: sleep.  I just want a break.  But I can't if I don't find the balance.

Balance is an important thing for all people–no matter what age.  I usually only hear adults talking about balance between work and life.  But what about teenagers?  We have just as much going on, if not more.  Why isn't there some sort of formula for us to follow?

After looking at three blogs about balance in life (look below for the links!), I see my point is further proven.  They only talk about the work life balance as an adult, and how to achieve it.  I know I can't be the only teen out there who is confused about how to find a balance between work and life.

Over the next year or so, maybe longer if this goes well, I'll be posting about my struggles as a teen in this crazy world.  I'll be posting what is driving me crazy as well as what helps me calm down.   I'll try to give myself advice, and hopefully it can relate to your problems as well.  I'll try to find balance.

"Life is like riding a bicycle.  To keep your balance, you must keep moving."
-Albert Einstein 



Time Management Ninja
TCP
Zazen Life

No comments:

Post a Comment